Buying holiday accessories for you or your kids can be really expensive. It can also be hard to find something you really like. These hearts are inexpensive and SUPER EASY to make! It literally took me a total of 20 mins to make 2 different styles. These hearts will make a great hair accessory or pin/brooch.
What you need:
- at least 2 sheets of felt (found at most craft stores: $.40-.99 for a sheet)
- hot glue gun
- embroidery thread(optional)
- sewing or embroider needle(optional)
- mod podge or elmers glue (optional)
- pin, alligator clip, ribbon or plastic headband
Before we begin make sure your work area is protected.
Start by creating a heart template out of paper. If you don’t think you can draw a heart free hand, fold the paper in half to create the heart that way. Make 3 different sizes. Using a pen or marker, trace the hearts onto you felt.
- If you plan on using thread, be sure to only glue in the middle of the hearts otherwise threading the needle through will be extremely hardh.
- If you are not using thread than be sure to glue down entire heart.
If you are happy with how your heart looks now-skip this next step
Repeat this step on each heart you want the sewing look.
If you are happy with how your heart looks now-skip this next step.
Because we are adding glue to a fabric material, be sure to use 2 layers of glue. Thick enough to grab the glitter but not to thick that it will drip. The material will absorb quickly, so try to do this step quick.
Allow the glue to dry for 25-30 mins. Once your hearts are completely dry grab the type of attachment you’d like and your glue gun.
- Pin/brooch: Glue anywhere on back of heart
- Alligator Clip: Glue towards the top of the heart
- Headband: Measure ribbon to head-be sure you leave enough room to tie in back. Glue heart to ribbon.
The combination possibilities are endless.